Skip to main content
 
Home
Guests
Who We Are
  
Church History
What We Believe
Staff
Ministries
Upcoming Events
About God
Contact Us

 

 Church History 

In 1893, the Lord impressed upon the hearts of some dedicated Christians the need for a Baptist church in the Ironton community.  As a result, Ironton Baptist Church was organized on August 10, 1893.  The first building fund was started in 1894.  Money was collected and many faithful people donated lumber and building materials.  The one-room wooden church building was completed in 1895.

In 1899, the membership of Ironton began praying about Sunday School.  After much prayer and being convinced of God's leading, the Sunday School was organized on the first Sunday in May of 1899.  In the following years, God blessed the Sunday School tremendously.  The resulting growth led to the wood frame building being remodeled and six Sunday School rooms being added in 1941.  Further growth necessitated another addition for class rooms and kitchen space in 1947.  By 1969, the Sunday School had again run out of space.  So the membership of Ironton decided to build the current 2-story education building to address the need for more space.  This building has served the church well through the years and has been continually used and remodeled since its inception.

In 1984, dreams that had been years in the making came to fruition when ground was broke for a new sanctuary.  The new sanctuary allowed for more seating, better sound equipment, and further opportunities for growth.  On December 23, 1984 the first service was held in the new sanctuary and a dedication service was held March 31, 1985.  Construction and growth continued to be a theme at Ironton as in 1989 the old sanctuary was remodeled and made into a Fellowship Hall complete with a full kitchen. 

In the spring of 2009, ground was broke on Ironton's most ambitious project yet.  The 12,000 square foot addition would provide new offices, bathrooms,  and classrooms as well as connect all three existing buildings together.  The building was opened and dedicated on March 28, 2010.

God has blessed Ironton richly and used us to touch many lives over the last 115+ years.  As we continue to remember the past, our goal is to constantly look toward the future.  We know that God has still more to accomplish through us and we can't wait to see what is still yet to come.

Founded in faith...growing through grace
Ironton Baptist Church
14718 Ironton Cutoff | Little Rock, AR 72206 | PH: 501-888-2693